Why Become a Member and/or Volunteer of NAMI White Mountains AZ?
NAMI White Mountains AZ is your local affiliate, all volunteer organization, providing FREE support services and educational opportunities – for people living with a mental illness and for their families and loved ones so they can better understand, support and help!
All NAMI White Mountain services are free. We encourage membership as another voice calling for an end to the stigma of mental illness.
As a member of NAMI, you will join forces with parents, spouses, siblings, friends and peers who struggle with mental illness. Your yearly dues provide support, education and advocacy in the White Mountain area.
As a member, you will receive an annual subscription to The Advocate, a national magazine with the latest research, treatments and medications for mental illness.
---> For more information on membership, please follow this link.
Volunteering With Us
Here are some examples of what you might do as a volunteer:
- Represent NAMI at scheduled local events. Monitor a table of resources and answer basic questions.
- Be trained to run a support group-Family Support or Connections.
- Be trained to teach a NAMI course-NAMI Basics or Family to Family.
- Be trained to present "In Your Own Voice" or "End the Silence".
- Help to organize and run a fundraiser.
- Help with membership drive.
- Hold an office on the NAMI board.
- Become a NAMI member and support us by sharing the STIGMA FREE message.
---> For more information on volunteering, please follow this link.